January 21, 2007

Snakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does mere thought of snakes run a chill down your spine? Well it’s not abnormal or strange as this is the same with millions of people across the globe. Last weekend (I mean Friday as this is the weekend in the gulf world) I had an opportunity to put a snake around my neck. Well it’s not any usage or saying but I meant each word literally. I have always been fascinated by snakes. The way they crawl, catch their prey, the swaying etc etc. However that does not mean I am a person of Steve Irwin mould!!!!!!!!!. I am equally afraid of snakes as all of u r, but I don’t mind the adventure if it is in risk mitigated or controlled conditions. By risk mitigated or controlled conditions I meant adventure with trained people present.

This is exactly that happened last weekend. I had visited the global village with my colleagues. Global Village is a huge exhibition conducted by the Dubai Government as a part of the annual Dubai Shopping Festival. The village hosts stalls of different countries. It was my second visit to the village this year. During my first visit, while roaming around, I had visited a stall which housed small wild animals and reptiles from the Amazon. Amongst them was a python. The person was holding the python in his hand and was letting people take photographs with the snake. At that time I did not take the risk. But this time I did not wish to lose the opportunity and went for it. My partner in this adventure was Vilas (my roommate whom I have referred to in my previous post on “silence”!!!!!!!!!). Vilas role in the adventure was to take photographs as he had made it clear that he would not be taking the risk.

The snake which I put on the neck was a lazy bone I guess as it hardly moved except once. Even before u knew, the photo was taken and the snake was taken off my neck. But the feeling of a snake around the neck was big and I can clearly remember that my mind was blank at that time. I was thinking of only the snake on my neck. Was it moving or not. Will it strangle me?????????

Anyways, to conclude I think the poor snake was not knowing what’s happening or it was too dazzled by the constant flash of the cameras!!!!!!!!!

Before I leave I am inserting the picture which has paved way for this post. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

hariom said...

a chillnes s coming from my tip of my foot.how u posed 4 d snap.braveman.