January 17, 2007

CA Results

Today is a very special day for thousands of people in India. Some would want to remember this day for ever and some would want to forget this day for ever. Today is the day when CA results have been declared. This event happens twice a year. Such days fulfill or destroy the dreams of many.

At this point, I would like to congratulate all those who have earned the permission to add the initial “CA” before their name (I have deliberately termed the word as “earned” because these 2 letters have to be earned and cannot be bought). It is similar to earning a Doctor degree. I would also like to wish all those who have not been able to come through ‘All the best” for the next attempt. I would advise them not to get disheartened (though it is hard) and strive hard to come out victorious the next time.

The worst part of this entire thing, I would say, is the waiting for the results. The tension and frustration starts a week before the ‘D’ day. You don’t know what to do, u brain doesn’t work and if u have a broadband connection at home or u have access to internet at office, then u have had it. You would be refreshing the results site every 5 mins, a week before, just to check if the results are out though u know that it will not have come. But that’s the way it is, how much ever u try the tension gets the better of u.

I still remember clearly the days when I was waiting for the final results. I had got through the 1st group in the first attempt and was hoping to get through in the second attempt. All the result hopefuls were huddled together in a separate room in our Chartered Accountant office. We had not done any work for nearly a week before the results. The principals must have understood our plight (I guess!!!!!!) as they did not ask us to go for work. The results were expected to be declared at 2 pm on the‘d ‘day and it was like 2 PM would never come. The every 5min checking of the site was reduced to every 2 mins. Finally the results came and by God’s grace I got through. It was a day I would never forget. I called my parents and gave them the happy news. As much as I was happy on my clearing the exam, I was equally sad as some of my friends were not able to get through.

So friends, the moral of the story is that CA course is a package. It’s a course which is easy to enter but difficult to exit. It gives u happiness and sorrow and by the time u r thru with course, u come out as a tough, mentally strong human being.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congras rapai.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.