July 07, 2007

People who influenced me!!!!!!!!!

Last week while returning from Dubai after work, me and my colleagues were spending time chatting. During this chat session, one of my colleagues was telling about some of the proverbs and persons who influenced his life. This got me thinking as to who all have influenced my life. I am putting down some of the people who have influenced me.

1. My Parents
Nothing to beat my parents!!!!!!!!! Whatever I am today, its because of my parents. They have really taken pains to raise me up and now as I look back at my childhood I realize the hardships they have undertaken to c me happy. My prayer to God is that I am always able to keep them happy.

2. My Grandfather
My mother’s father is whom I referring here. The characteristic that influenced me was his willingness to help others. I have seen him go to any extent to do a favour to another person, even if means angering his family!!!!!!!!! It’s a quality I feel is very rare in the present world.

3. My Economics Teacher
Now why I am influenced by this teacher, I don’t know to explain. I think to a great extent she was responsible for me becoming a CA. I clearly remember, she was the only teacher who congratulated me when I selected Commerce stream in 11th standard. All the other teachers actually asked me to select the science stream. Now looking back I wonder where I would have been if I had selected the science stream!!!!!!

4. My dear friend Vishnu
I am influenced by my friend’s strong mind. Despite undergoing a kidney transplant when he was only in 10th standard, he has recovered from this tremendous shock to become a successful professional. Now he is a partner in a CA firm. I still remember him dreaming to be an engineer (mechanical if my memory is right) during school days. For a person to recover from a shock, where all his dreams where shattered, that too in such an early stage of life is amazing.

5. My Colleague- Prashanth Veeramangala
What do I say of him, we call him Mangalamji affectionately. This person is a walking encyclopedia (if I can say that), a man with lots of energy, enthusiasm and of course short temper ness. What has impressed me about this person is that despite him being so experienced and knowledgeable, he has no qualms in interacting with us. Infact he has this amazing ability to change his style according to the group which enables him to gel with all people. Hats off to him!!!!!!!

Well there are many more people whom I have met and have influenced me, but I just put down 5 of them.

No comments: